What are we looking for?
A strong candidate who will join our support team and be an experienced engineer keen on playing a senior role as well as interfacing to, and interacting with, the DevOps team running the network. It would suit someone who has worked in a 24/7 production support environment and has a strong working knowledge of VoIP, SIP, and RTP.
We expect you to share our values of:
Who we are
Simwood is an innovation-driven and straight-talking telephony provider to wholesale, enterprise, reseller and businesses. We’ve been doing this for 25 years and our business practices have always been built on transparency. We champion a fair and open telecommunications marketplace and we strongly advocate for the protection of our customers’ interest.
The telecoms industry is transforming with VoIP becoming mature in the marketplace and full fibre broadband coverage increasing too. We have our own network and continue to develop our own hosted VoIP platform so we’re well placed to continue our growth in a new era.
In this position, you will work with other members of the support team to identify and resolve customer’s support issues, using a methodical and practical problem-solving approach and providing a high standard of customer service.
Key activities will include, but not be limited to:
- Interface directly with customer’s telecom engineers and IT teams to troubleshoot issues
- Assist in diagnosing external and internal faults
- Respond to support tickets, calls and customers in our community forum
- Assist in the day-to-day operational support of the telecommunications network
- Provide emergency assistance and technical recovery in the event of an emergency situation affecting the availability and/or service quality of the network
- Participate in on-call out of hours rotation
- At least 2 years telecom engineer experience with VoIP/SIP applications
- A detailed, working and theoretical knowledge of voice and data communications, including traditional switching, signalling and routing systems to include SIP and SIP trunks
- Working knowledge of VoIP principles, protocols and CODECs such as H.248, SIP, G.711, G.729, WebRTC, MPLS, VPN, UDP, RTP, MTP etc.
- Close working knowledge of PBXs
- Knowledge of SIP call routing, Least Cost Routing, Security Controls (TLS, IPSEC, ACLs)
- Knowledge of telecom principals and terminology including DIDs, Toll Free numbers etc.
- Experience with Softswitches, Session Border Controllers, SIP proxies, Media Servers
- Working knowledge of telecommunications, maintenance processes and systems
- Proven ability to resolve complex issues in an efficient and timely manner and provide clients with consultative explanations and advice
- Self-starter with excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to prioritise tasks and organise workflow accordingly
- Ability to interrogate databases, including MySQL and write scripts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
Simwood is a vibrant company looking for staff who have a can-do attitude. The company offers a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- Private health insurance
- Death in service
- Share options
The Offices offer the following benefits subject to COVID conditions:
- Kitchen with snacks
- Car washing
- Cycle to Work Scheme
How to apply and the process
Direct applicants only please